Columbus Neighborhoods, Short North, Documentary Premiere, Arena Grand Theater, 3/4/2010
This group of women are assembled in front of the Godman Guild. Women took part in clubs and meetings, social affairs and entertainment. The Guild found employment for many women who came to the Guild for health services, league advice and other kinds of service. This picture is possibly from the early 1930’s.
Jeffrey Manufacturing Company, Exterior View of Shop This is a photograph of the Jeffrey Manufacturing Company of Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1895. The name “Jeffrey” is spelled out on the roof tiles on the left building. A coal-fired stationary steam engine powered the plant. Creator: The Jeffrey Manufacturing Company ; Photographer Creation Date: ca. 1895 Media […]
It opened on May 21, 1940. The branch was moved to 1100 N. High St. in 1958.