login | register

Tag Archives: Short North

Inside Foeller’s Drugstore

Foeller’s Drugstore, located at 567 N. High Street, was a family run business for more than a half a century. Charles Foeller purchased the store in 1890 and family members continued to operate and expand the business to include a soda fountain and camera store. In 1904 the drugstore created a delectable new ice cream […]

Read more ...

Columbus Union Station Railroad Depot 1890

2nd Columbus Railroad Depot in 1890. Construction of the depot started in 1873. Built of brick in the French Second Empire style. Photo: OSU Archives

Read more ...

The second Northside Branch Library, 1100 N High St in 1940

By 1940 it was evident that a branch library was needed to serve the area between downtown and the university district. Shown here is the second Northside Branch Library. The first branch opened at 944 N. High St. on 5/21/1940 and moved to this location 12/22/1958.

Read more ...

High Street from Broadway

Read more ...

Capital University at the corner of Goodale and High Streets

Capital University at the corner of Goodale and N. High Streets. 1853

Read more ...