The 2-story 21,614 square foot building cost $4.3 million. The House Captain at the time of the dedication was Steven B. Heselden.The final move of equipment into the station was made 4/10/2006. This fire station replaced the building at 1551 Cleveland Avenue which had been built in 1926.
Columbus Die Tool and Machinery Co. Manufacturers of dies, tools, special machinery, jigs and fixtures. Business prospered 1907-1966. 955 Cleveland Ave. Photo courtesy of the Columbus Metropolitan Library
Ohio State Fairgrounds at the turn of the century. Source: Souvenir of Columbus by F. M. Kirby. Philadelphia: J. M. Jordan, 1903.
Adam G. Innis is pictured on the far right.
A Linden Branch has served the area residents since 1928. The library pictured here opened May 14, 1952. The first location, 1751 Aberdeen Ave., opened 10/4/1928 and the second location at 2416 Cleveland Ave. opened 7/1/1935. Address: 2432 Cleveland Ave. Photo courtesy of the Columbus Metropolitan Library