Melman’s Club 502 was a major jazz venue from 1956 until 1968. Started by Marty Melman, the club featured Central Ohio jazz musicians as well as nationally known performers. The band pictured is Boyd Moore’s Band. Front left to right; Bobby Shaw, piano, Rudy Johnson, sax, unknown and Billy Brown, drums.
King-Lincoln District Aerial View
King-Lincoln District Businesses, bar, church
King-Lincoln District, girls in dresses, special event
Bill Stewart Sr., shown here in 1980, was a member of Sammy Stewart’s Orchestra, beginning in 1922. He appeared with the band in Chicago at the Entertainer’s Cafe and the Sunset Cafe. When the orchestra wanted to return to Columbus to open the Ogden/Lincoln Theater in 1928, half of the group stayed in Chicago, but […]