Capital City Dairy Company, manufacturers of margarine. In 1900 Capital City Products Co. was the largest manufacturer of margarine or “butterine” in the United States. 20th Century History of the Columbus Trades OH331.8809771 T971, p. 110.
Ohio State Stove Co., W.B. Thomas, president. Branch offices were located in Chicago and Los Angeles. Operated 1910-31 manufacturing gas stoves, ranges, portable baking ovens and steel kitchen cabinets. Columbus the Capital City OH977.13 C72pe, p. 79.
West First Avenue featuring at center foreground Central Ohio Oil Co at 547 W 1st Ave. It later became Sinclair Oil Co. Beyond oil tanks at 549 W 1st ave is Columbus Forge and Iron and Armstrong Johnson Manufacturing Co. Columbus the Capital City OH977.13 C72pe p.105
Capital City Dairy Co., pioneer manufacturer of butter substitute.Closed: Columbus Dispatch 7/13/2000 p.D-1.To be replaced by apartments: Columbus Dispatch 12/17/2003 p.F-1. Demolition began 7/12/2004. Plant opened 1883. Became Capital City Products. Source: Laura M Kuhnert color postcard