Franklinton Post Office was organized July 1, 1803 and discontinued October 20, 1834. Built in 1807 by David Deardurff. Added to Columbus Register of Historic Properties 9/17/2001. See also: Columbus City Bulletin 9/22/2001 p. 1817; Columbus Dispatch 4/25/1992 p.1. Source: Historic Landmarks of Columbus and Franklin County, OH 929.309771 F83 F83181h, p. 10.
A rescue boat travels along Broad Street during the devastating flood of 1913. Photo by Baker Art Gallery.
The Book of Ohio OH 977.1 B724, volume 4, page 945
Source: Barbara Clark photo for 1993 Columbus Day Photo Contest