login | register

Tag Archives: Franklinton

Downtown and Franklinton Full Documentary

WOSU’s Emmy® award-winning series focuses on Franklinton, the frontier settlement on the Scioto River that would anchor a community that became the state capital and a center for commerce, government, and education. Also in this story: Lucas Sullivant’s pioneering vision; life in the new capital city; how canals, railroads, and The National Road fueled Columbus’s […]

Read more ...

Columbus Metropolitan Library, Franklinton Branch

Read more ...

Franklin County Veterans Memorial, 300 W Broad St in 1979

Source: Library File Photos

Read more ...

North M-E Church 60th Anniversary Pic

In 1940 North M-E Church celebrated it’s 60th anniversary. Founded in 1880 the church on Tompkins Avenue continues to serve the people of North Columbus. and the University District. This 60th Anniversary picture shows some of the fifty-year members of old North M-E Church. Pictured here are (l-r back row) – J. Harvey Zinn, Nettie […]

Read more ...

Chicago Avenue School, 40 N Chicago Ave in 1916

It opened in September, 1898. In 1916, it had 12 teachers and 430 pupils, and the principal was Ada Stephens. Columbus School News, June 9, 1916, p. 9.

Read more ...