Camp Chase was a military camp used by the Union during the Civil War. Today it is a Confederate graveyard containing over 2,000 soldiers.
Columbus State Hospital, also known as the “Lunatic Asylum of Ohio,” was built in 1835. It burned down in November of 1868, and was rebuilt in 1870. It remained in use until the late 1980s before being demolished in 1997. Some patient cemeteries still stand near the old grounds.
The Ohio State School for the Deaf was built as an extension of the very first publicly funded school for the deaf in America. It has recently been sold to Cristo Ray Columbus High School.
The Neil House, also known as the Neil House Motor Hotel, was the hotel of choice for the rich and important for over a century until its demolition in 1981.
The Harrison House was registered as a National Historic Place in 1972. It was used by General William Henry Harrison during the War of 1812 as headquarters for the Northwest Army. Today, the house is leased by the City of Columbus to the Franklin County Genealogical Society.