Acorn Lumber Company yard covered 2.25 acres. Firm functioned 1905-1917. Columbus the Capital City OH977.13 C72pe p.83
Residence of Columbus Mayor Philip H. Bruck. Philip Bruck was mayor, 1887-1890. Columbus Illustrated OH977.13 C72 C7261, pg. 96.
Residence of William B. Hayden, vice president of the P. Hayden Saddlery Hardware Company. Built by Peter Hayden after he purchased the property in 1851. Alternative address 545 High St. S. Story of Columbus OH977.13 C72st, pg. 48. Columbus Vignettes, OH 917.7157 A78c, vol.03, p.33.
Streetcar #769 heading west on E. Whittier St. On the right: SOHIO Gas Station, #904 and the on the left: Westfalen Hof Garden Restaurant, # 888 S. High St. Over the years 888 S. High St. housed: Deibel’s Saloon, Mann Brothers, Saloon and Cafe, Wolf’s Saloon, and Plank’s Bier Garten. William J.B. Gwinn Columbus Trolleys […]
Firm operated 10/1859-1904. Source: Glimpse of Columbus and its Industries OH977.13 C72gl p.19