Leo Yassenoff moved to Ohio in 1893 and to Columbus in 1912. He graduated from OSU in 1916, served with the 116th Aerial Squadron in WWI, and co-founded the F & Y Construction Company in December, 1919. Among other projects Yasenoff’s company built the Riverside, Eastside and CCC Auto Theaters. He established a foundation and the Columbus Jewish Center, 1125 College Avenue, opened January 6, 1983 and was dedicated in his honor October 2, 1983.
Source: History of Franklin County, Ohio by Opha Moore, OH 929.309771 F83 M823h, v. 3 p. 1200.