Built in 1929, the original Port Columbus terminal building, as well as the Transcontinental Air Transport hangar, still stands at the airport (now John Glenn Columbus International Airport).
Curtiss-Wright Corp., which was the largest aircraft manufacturer in the U.S. during World War II, built a plant next to Port Columbus in 1941.
Architectural historian Jeff Darbee takes us on an exclusive tour of the original Port Columbus hangar and terminal built in 1929.
Historians and friends share the story of how Don Casto Sr. rode the Graf Zeppelin around the world in order to persuade voters that Columbus needed its own airport.
For more than a century, Columbus has been leaving its mark on the aviation industry. See Columbus aviation history through the years.