The Russell Street Engine House #4 operated from 1892 to 1940. This was the second #4 Engine House. Review of the Dept of Public Safety 1894 OH363.1 R454, pg. 97.
North Fourth and Warren Streets. The long building on the right, 758-782 N. 4th Street, was the Assembly Plant of Jeffrey Manufacturing Co. The building across the street, 767 N. Fourth was Columbus Metal Products Co. In 1926 17,000 cars passed this intersection daily. Columbus This Week v.2 #22, 4/29/1926 cover photo.
Shirley Trade School, Wayne H. Shirley, President. Operated 1947-1952. Source: LFP
Elizabeth Ross Grocery in 1896. Located on N. 4th Street in today’s Italian Village. Photo provided by the Columbus Metropolitan Library.