At one time, fires were a dreaded part of daily life in Downtown Columbus. Find out how firefighting has changed through the centuries and lessons we can still learn from the well-preserved artifacts at the Central Ohio Fire Museum.
Built in 1824, Rock Mill was one of a dozen grist mills in Fairfield County that ground flour and corn into wheat and meal. Architectural historian Jeff Darbee visits the mill to find out how restoration efforts are progressing at one of Ohio’s historic community gathering places.
Architectural Historian Jeff Darbee visits the Slate Run Living Historical Farm in Canal Winchester to find out what farm life was like back in the mid-1800s.
The majestic mausoleum that houses the remains of Thurston the Magician, mayors, tycoons and the brothers who started the Swisher Sweets Cigars company has been undergoing extensive preservation efforts. See how preserving the mausoleum is, in reality, preserving a way of life. Photos courtesy of: Columbus Metropolitan Library, Fred Pfening
A passion for billiards made the Botts Bros. bar and The Clock Restaurant the “third house” of the legislators in the Capital City. Scandal, intrigue and innovation pushed the bar to present day as the Elevator Brewery and Draught Haus. Photos courtesy of: Columbus Metropolitan Library, Ohio History Connection