William Merion Jr. founded the Columbus Horticulture Society in 1849. The Society purchased the Samuel Barr farm in 1852 where the first Franklin County Fair was held 10/12/1852. It was renamed Franklin Park on 7/7/1886. He also founded the Columbus Groveport Turnpike which opened in 1850 and served as a Montgomery Township Trustee.
Columbus address: 33 W. Moler.
Source: History of Franklin and Pickaway Counties, Ohio, OH 929.309771 F83 H6732, page 496 opp; Centennial Biographical History of the City of Columbus & Franklin County OH 977.13 C72 C397, p.321-322