login | register
Upper Arlington
The City of Upper Arlington was incorporated in 1918 and has grown into a primarily residential community of approximately 34,000 residents. The city is located on relatively high ground located between the Olentangy and Scioto rivers. Two ravines cut through the city; The Slate Run in the northwest corner, and Turkey Run. The post-World War II housing boom led to the development of many new housing tracts north of Lane Avenue. The newer developments took on a much different character from the older core of the city, being mostly organized along normal street grids, and with the usually ranch-style houses, this area is called River Ridge. By the 1960s, as the city grew north, the houses were larger and the neighborhoods more consistent with the intent, if not style, of the original section south of Lane Avenue. The southern half of the city, designated as the “Upper Arlington Historic District” (though simply referred to as “Old Arlington”), was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.
UpperArlington


About This Neighborhood:

The City of Upper Arlington was incorporated in 1918 and has grown into a primarily residential community of approximately 34,000 residents. The city is located on relatively high ground located between the Olentangy and Scioto rivers. Two ravines cut through the city; The Slate Run in the northwest corner, and Turkey Run.

The post-World War II housing boom led to the development of many new housing tracts north of Lane Avenue. The newer developments took on a much different character from the older core of the city, being mostly organized along normal street grids, and with the usually ranch-style houses, this area is called River Ridge. By the 1960s, as the city grew north, the houses were larger and the neighborhoods more consistent with the intent, if not style, of the original section south of Lane Avenue.

The southern half of the city, designated as the “Upper Arlington Historic District” (though simply referred to as “Old Arlington”), was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

Recent Posts

  • Default
  • Title
  • Date
  • Random
load more / hold SHIFT key to load all load all