login | register
Grandview Heights
In 1842, the present Grandview Heights area was divided into 12 plots, with county roads situated at the locations of Dublin Road, Olentangy River Road, and Fifth Avenue. The first school was established at the corner of Dublin and Grandview Avenue (unofficially called Walcutt’s School), and its designation was Franklin Township School. In 1901, the entire area between the two rivers, and roughly King Avenue, became united as the Hamlet of Marble Cliff for the first and last time. The Grandview of today was fo..

belden_0



About This Neighborhood:

In 1842, the present Grandview Heights area was divided into 12 plots, with county roads situated at the locations of Dublin Road, Olentangy River Road, and Fifth Avenue. The first school was established at the corner of Dublin and Grandview Avenue, was unofficially called Walcutt’s School, its designation was Franklin Township School.

In 1901, the entire area between the two rivers, and roughly King Avenue, became united as the Hamlet of Marble Cliff for the first and last time. The Grandview of today was formed by annexation after 1912, including some Northwest Boulevard tracts after 1920.

It’s downtown features the historic Bank Block which was one of the country’s first shopping centers, and the first strip shopping center in America that integrated parking into the design when was built in 1927. Today, the Bank Block is still popular and features a mix of restaurants, shops and a movie theatre.

Recent Posts

  • Default
  • Title
  • Date
  • Random
load more / hold SHIFT key to load all load all